A Deep Dive Into a God View on the Wow
The fourth step in the Theology Together’s Wow Theological Reflection Method is “God.” After exposing youth and youth leaders to a disorienting experience. After allowing young people to share their “wow” stories. And after examining what “the world” has to say about them. It is time to discover what God thinks. Waiting for this step fourth, instead of starting out with it, means that youth and youth leaders are already engaged in the discussion. Everyone is willing and ready to discuss and understand theology.
In “God,” we ask youth and youth leaders to consider God’s perspective. We push participants to state what they think God’s perspective on the situation might be and their reasons for believing this. We ask questions like:
- How do you think God views the people involved?
- What in the situation might make God: Angry? Smile? Sad?
- What/whom might God challenge or show compassion to in the story?
- What do you believe Christ would have done or said if he were in the story?
- How was God’s love experienced (or not) by people in the story?
- What truth might God want to speak into the story?
- How was God at work in the story?