Director of Youth Ministry — First Presbyterian Church Pascagoula
First Presbyterian Church Pascagoula - Pascagoula, MS
Job Type: Full-Time
Denomination: Presbyterian (Evangelical)
FPC Pascagoula is located on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. As a coastal town, the atmosphere is laidback, and the people here highly value community. This is a fun place to both work and play! FPC Pascagoula aims to: Glorify God, Make Disciples, and Meet Human Needs. Our former Youth Director was with us for over 11 years! This is a wonderful place to set roots and grow. We’re looking for someone highly relational and fearless in trying new ways to engage with youth students. Both pastors have experience in youth ministry and will provide excellent guidance and support for the next youth director. FPC has a Contemporary and Traditional worship service. The young adult ministry of FPC continues to grow, offering a wide range of volunteers to come alongside the youth.
PURPOSE: The Director of Youth Ministry shall serve the church by developing comprehensive and expanding ministries for the middle and high school youth of the church and supervising volunteers involved in this ministry. The Director will provide a wholesome Christian model for youth and their families and will be active within the church as both participant and leader, getting to know individuals and families, offering help and support.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: The Session through the Personnel Team and the Pastors.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
- Profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Education in basic Bible knowledge, basic practical theology, and understanding of the life and purpose of the Christian church
- Education and/or experience in youth ministry
- Ability to qualify for and receive Commercial Drivers License
- Willingness to live within city limits of Pascagoula, Mississippi
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and develop a creative program for middle school and high school
- Review and develop curriculum to meet the educational needs of the
- Develop one-on-one relationships with the youth and model a Christian
- Recruit, train and equip key people to work as youth advisers and meet regularly with these leaders for team building and planning
- Oversee and/or teach the middle school and high school classes for Sunday
- Develop service and mission projects for youth to grow in service to the
- Plan and coordinate camps, conferences, and
- Facilitate positive home/church relationships with parents including supporting their capacity for building a Christ-centered family life.
- Attend staff meetings and any ministry team or board meetings necessary to carry out the youth ministries of the church.
- Develop and implement a yearly budget for youth programming in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Recruit, oversee, and train Youth Assistants & Summer Interns.
- Maintain regular posted office hours in coordination with the
- Plan and develop Confirmation for Youth Students
- Cooperate with the Session and the Pastors by performing other duties when asked
- Contact: Jason Mendoza
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (614) 619-4060
- Address: 1819 Pascagoula Street, Pascagoula, MS 39567,