Job Type: Full-Time Posted: 9 months ago Denomination: United Methodist
Description: Settle Memorial UMC is dedicated to missions, (locally and globally) and vibrant worship. Currently, we have three worship events on Sunday mornings (two traditional and one contemporary). Settle Memorial is committed to bringing the very best in youth ministry to our community.
Average Worship Attendance: 325
Active youth: 45
Average Attendance: 350 No. of Active Youth: 45
Director of Student Ministries
Settle Memorial United Methodist Church
Owensboro, Kentucky Church
Job Summary: The Director of Student Ministries provides the space and opportunity for youth to grow in their faith, relationships within the congregation and community and their lifelong development as disciples of Jesus. The Director of Student Ministries is an integral part of the church staff, who participates in the complete life of the church. Spiritual maturity, creativity, self-initiation, teamwork, strong work ethic, goal attainment and a strong personal faith are a must.
• Ability to create and develop a detailed Youth Ministry Plan.
• Ability to source necessary volunteer and leadership resources to accomplish the Youth Ministry Plan.
• Create effective individualized communication practices with youth and parents.
• Create and maintain effective group communication practices.
• Establish a presence and participation in the community to enhance recruitment and participation in the Youth Ministry Plan.
• Ability to set and attain goals set in the Youth Ministry Plan.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and education.
Send resume, references and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Contact: Keith Switzer