Job Type: Full-Time Posted: 8 months ago Denomination: Disciples of Christ
Hope, joy and faith. That’s what we seek to offer. Here’s what we believe:
– God calls each of us into a relationship with God.
– Faith is a journey, best taken as a community.
– God loves all people (no exceptions).
– Following in Jesus’ way leads us to care for others and for all creation.
Average Attendance: No. of Active Youth:
United Church of Santa Fe (www.unitedchurchofsantafe.org) is seeking a full time Minister of Children, Youth and Families who will oversee its comprehensive and multi-faceted program that builds the faith of infants through high school students and nurtures faith formation for the congregation. The United Church of Santa Fe is a welcoming, intergenerational, and mission minded congregation, belonging to the United Church of Christ, in the capital city of New Mexico. United’s call is to “Love God. Love Neighbor. Love Creation.” Santa Fe is the oldest state capital a center for music from classical to contemporary, the 3rd largest art market in the US, and is replete with diverse outdoor activities. In addition, the faith communities of northern New Mexico include centuries-old Native American traditions and Hispanic Catholicism, as well as progressive and evangelical Protestants, Buddhists, and others.
With newly renovated and dedicated space for children and youth programming, the Minister of Children, Youth and Families will grow the children and youth ministry programs to develop a lively faith and deep resilience in our young people. We want them to have a relationship with the living God, to know Jesus’ story and follow in his ways, and to be open to the power of the Spirit. We also want to build Christian leaders who will impact their church and community with God’s love.
The Minister of Children, Youth and Families will have the support of the Children and Youth Ministry Team and will be responsible for the following:
● Developing a comprehensive faith formation program for infants through high school students using diverse, biblically based curriculum, and incorporating music, art, and service into the educational experience.
● Recruiting and helping train volunteers for children and youth ministries
● Providing leadership to several part-time children and youth ministry staff and a pastoral resident.
● Helping to develop and lead yearly immersion trips and special programming
● Nurturing programs of faith formation for parents and the wider congregation.
The ideal candidate will have the following: a minimum of three years experience in children & youth ministry; Master’s Degree preferred (i.e. M.Div, STM, M.A.), bachelor’s degree in a related field required; experience in recruiting and developing volunteers; progressive understanding of Christianity; commitment to social justice; ability to work collaboratively with clergy, staff, and volunteers. Competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and benefits (vacation, health and retirement) package offered.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Wynesia Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org