Job Type: Full-Time Posted: 2 months ago Denomination: United Methodist
First United Methodist Church of Sheridan is made up of varying kinds of people in varying stages of their spiritual journey. There are those who are new to the faith and those who have been raised in the church. We would love to see you in person. If you have any questions, please contact our church office at 870-942-4127.
Average Attendance: No. of Active Youth:
First United Methodist Church (https://www.sheridanfumc.org) is a well-established, warm, welcoming congregation located in historic Sheridan, Arkansas. FUMC is an active, mission-minded church seeking a full-time Director of Children and Youth Ministries that will encourage and equip youth and families on a lifelong journey as disciples of Jesus. This individual will be responsible for creating programs and opportunities to inspire and launch the faith of children and youth, partner with and establish trust with parents, and build a vibrant volunteer culture where volunteers love to serve.
First United Methodist Church is looking for a candidate who:
● Has a deep-rooted faith and a desire to guide children and youth as they grow in their relationship with Jesus.
● Is able to connect relationally with students, families, and volunteers.
● Has the ability to provide vision and infrastructure for sustainable ministries.
● Creates a safe environment where children and youth feel welcomed and loved.
● Is skilled in recruiting, leading, and equipping volunteer teams.
Qualifications for this position include strong relational, communication, administrative, and organizational skills. Interested candidates should have a bachelor’s degree and three-five years of ministry experience.
Resumes, along with a cover letter, can be sent to Elaine Pendergrass at email@example.com.