Job Type: Full-Time Posted: 4 weeks ago Denomination: Disciples of Christ
University Christian Church’s core values include Discipleship, Curiosity, Inclusivity, Vulnerability, Generosity and Compassion. To learn more about University Christian Church, please visit www.universitychristian.org.
Average Attendance: 800 No. of Active Youth: 75
To create an inclusive and loving faith community, where all youth feel welcomed, valued, and cared for throughout their journey of discipleship. The Director of Youth Ministry will collaborate with a Student Ministry Team to promote University Christian Church’s vision, mission and values as together we seek to “transform the world by living out Christ’s courageous love.”
This is both a relational and administrative role. As part of University Christian Church’s Student Ministry Team, the Director of Youth Ministry will design, promote and lead events that encourage Christian community for youth.
Student Ministry Team: Minister to Students, Director of College, Director of Youth and Student Ministry Administrative Assistant
• Learn the names and faces of all UCC youth and strive to know the names and faces of the parents of each youth.
• Prayerfully collaborate with the Minister of Students about the mission and vision for UCC Youth.
• Extend radical hospitality to all students regardless of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, religious background, or sexual orientation.
• Set a tone of joyful enthusiasm at all youth ministry programs and events.
• Mentor & coach an intergenerational team of individuals in a ministry that encourages 6th grade through 12th-grade youth to grow in their relationship with Christ and one another.
• Plan & coordinate Sunday morning and Sunday evening Christian education for youth in grades 6 through 12.
• Plan retreats, trips, interfaith opportunities, and mission or service projects to encourage spiritual growth and awareness in collaboration with the Minister to Students.
• Engage in camp ministries.
• Provide content for UCC Youth Ministry social media accounts, and other communication needs.
• Collaborate with Minister to Students to plan special worship services such as Youth Sunday.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Previous work with youth and/or young adults in a college, church or camp setting.
• Theological education/training experience is a plus.
2720 S. University Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76109
If you are applying from out of state, please include in your application information regarding your relocation plans. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Please submit your resume through LinkedIn. All qualified candidates will be sent compensation and job details to review through LinkedIn Messaging (please check daily for that important communication). Only candidates who express continued interest will be invited to submit a brief video introduction.