Job Type: Full-Time Posted: 10 months ago Denomination: Other
First Presbyterian Midland has been worshipping and growing together in West Texas since 1885. Through generations of booms and busts, Midlanders at FPC have been holding fast to the one thing that is sure and unchanging, the love of God shown to us in Jesus Christ. As our community members have explored the depths of the earth for some of the richest natural resources in the world, we have sought to explore the depths of the soul, growing deeper in our love for Jesus and for one another, finding the truly abundant life only God can give. Gifted with visionary leaders throughout our history, FPC’s campus and heart has grown, and today we are known for offering hospitality to our community, a warm welcome and 1000s of soft drinks to the students across the street at Midland High, and spiritual and financial support to those who face life’s biggest challenges in our own city and across the world.
We are affiliated with the Presbyterian denomination called ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians.
Average Attendance: No. of Active Youth: 125
Purpose: Work alongside the Discipleship Pastor, Director of Middle School Ministries and Director of Children’s Ministries in a team approach to develop and deliver effective discipleship education targeted specifically to high school students in our community.
Accountability: The position is accountable to the Associate Pastor for Discipleship. Annual evaluations are provided by this pastor and subject to review by the Senior Pastor and the Personnel Ministry of the Session.
• Build and maintain relationships with local high school students, both churched and unchurched.
• Recruit, develop and nurture a networked team of volunteers to invest time and energy in local high school students in FPC’s efforts to carry out the youth ministry mission.
• Equip adult volunteers and high school students in becoming life-long Disciples of Christ. Lead this equipping through opportunities in worship, scripture knowledge and application as well as loving relationships in fellowship.
• Create outreach opportunities for mission and service.
• Create regular and consistent opportunities for students to be involved in the life and ministry of the congregation.
• Attend ministry group meetings as requested.
• Support and follow FPC operational policies and all initiatives of the Session (governing body).
• Ministry specific tasks as assigned.
• Be a faithful follower of Jesus Christ with a willingness to be helpful and supportive of others in their spiritual journeys.
• Know and commit your support to the FPC mission statement and values including Staff Covenant
Relationships: This position will require a close and positive daily working relationship with all members of FPC staff, FPC Covenant Partners, guests and vendors.
Salary Range: to be determined