Job Type: Full-Time Posted: 7 months ago Denomination: United Methodist
Average Attendance: 800 No. of Active Youth: 75
Director of Children’s Ministries
Report to: Executive Director of Family Life
Date Edited: 10-28-19
Collierville United Methodist Church is a 3,000+ member church with over 750 in three worship services on two campuses every Sunday morning. With full programming for preschool, elementary, middle school, high school, adults, and seniors, we have over 25 church staff, over 30 preschool staff, and over 15 nursery staff.
Vision: Reaching out to transform lives by extending God’s love to all.
Mission: To know Christ and to make Him known.
Core Values: Scripture, Love, Humility, Servanthood, Mission
Find us at: www.colliervilleumc.org
The person in this position should be a committed Christian Disciple. Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of Family Life, this position provides programs and activities that meet the spiritual needs and help the children of Collierville UMC through the fifth grade grow in their discipleship of Jesus Christ. This person will work with a diverse group of members and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the church. Independent judgement is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workloads.
1. Provide overall direction and administration for all the children’s ministries of CUMC.
2. Plan and be responsible for all structured children’s ministry activities, including but not limited to Sundays and Wednesdays.
3. Collaborate with music ministry staff to ensure the success of SNAP (Sunday Night Arts & Praise)
4. Provide direction for all special events for children and their families, including seasonal events such as a Family Easter event, Fall festival and VBS.
5. Teaching the Christian faith as understood through the doctrinal standards of the United Methodist Church.
6. Work collaboratively with other ministry directors for the full benefit of the Church.
7. Be responsible for ongoing recruitment, training and evaluating of Children’s ministry staff and volunteers.
8. Select and approve all curriculum used for Sunday school and other children’s programming.
9. Serves as Staff Ministry Partner, providing assistance and direction when required for designated ministry Task Teams, especially working directly with MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and MOMs Next.
10. Be responsible for the compliance of the children’s ministry with regard to safe sanctuaries training and execution.
11. Prepares budget requests and monitors expenditures of the children’s ministries.
12. Serves and assists with occasional specialized ministry projects as assigned.
1. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
3. Communication Proficiency
4. Collaboration Skills
6. Organizational Leadership skills
7. Maintenance skills
This position has supervisory responsibility for the Director of Nursery Ministries and the Children’s Ministry Assistant.
This position operates in a professional church office environment and age appropriate ministry environments. The range of work requires adaptability and may require routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and includes working during programming hours on Sundays and Wednesdays with weekend events and evening meetings, as needed.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor Degree
2. 5 years of experience in a similar or related field.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job description has been approved by the following necessary levels:
Direct Supervisor _______________________________________Date_______________
Staff Parish Relations _______________________________________Date_______________
Salary Range: 40,000 - 50,000