Job Type: Full-Time Posted: 5 months ago Denomination: Episcopal
“St. Columba’s Episcopal Church is a welcoming Christian community of all ages that encourages spiritual curiosity, celebrates children and youth, and embraces the world in the spirit of God’s justice and love.”
Average Attendance: No. of Active Youth:
Located in upper northwest Washington, D.C., St. Columba’s Episcopal Church (www.columba.org) is a vibrant, inclusive, and urban congregation committed to proclaiming the Gospel through worship and ministry, as individuals and as a congregation. The church is seeking an experienced full-time lay Director of Children’s Ministries (DCM). This individual will serve as pastor, teacher, evangelist, and administrator who works collegially with staff and parishioners to share the love of Christ, and to develop and implement offerings and programs that serve the overall mission of the church.
Essential functions for this position include:
– Oversee the Sunday school program, childcare, and liturgy opportunities for infants to 5th grade.
– Work collaboratively with the formation staff to develop and implement a comprehensive and cohesive Christian formation plan.
– Facilitate a vision for the children’s ministry working with the formation ministry staff and key volunteers to create a mission, and core values for the children’s ministry, as well as create three-year goals in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of the broader church.
– Discern, recruit, and equip adult leaders annually and provide leader trainings and ongoing support.
– Serve as an ambassador to the community, building relationships with and facilitating opportunities for children and their families to build community.
– Ensure all systems and processes are in place and well functioning.
– Maintain and manage all modes of communication for children’s ministries, including weekly email updates.
Qualifications for this position are:
– A deep sense of calling to children’s ministry and a natural ability to relate and work well with children and their parents.
– A love of Christ, enthusiasm, and personal gifts that will inspire others.
– A person of prayer, personal integrity, and joy who has a heart of compassion, is a good listener, avid learner, and creative teacher.
– A profound commitment to diversity and to be inclusive of all people.
– Experience recruiting, managing, and supervising volunteers is preferred.
– Experience working with children with learning differences is preferred.
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Minimum of three years’ parish children’s ministry experience
A competitive compensation package including full benefits is offered. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.