Below you’ll see an example document of the Memorandum of Understanding between CYMT & Partner Ministry (for Placement track residents)
This memorandum provides an explanation of the expectations of the Partner Church and the Center for Youth Ministry Training (CYMT) if both sides enter into a formal agreement. The purpose is to ensure clarity about the potential relationship.
The Partner Ministry acknowledges and understands the following:
- The Graduate Resident is an employee of the CYMT
- The Church and CYMT will collectively agree upon a youth director job description
- The church must have in place or create a Youth Ministry Team or Council to meet monthly and help implement the vision and goals of the youth ministry.
- The church must have an up-to-date child protection policy and trainings in place.
- Senior Pastor and Onsite Supervisor will be oriented by CYMT coach during first church coaching session.
- The Onsite Supervisor or Pastor will meet weekly with the youth director to ensure good communication and support.
- Provide office space and equipment including phone and computer for Resident
- The church acknowledges that residents are to participate in ALL CYMT classes, intensives, and conferences and plan accordingly: See intensive dates here under “Class Intensives”.
- CYMT grants Residents the following Holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr.’s birthday (observed), Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Thanksgiving Friday, December 24 and 25. The full holiday policy can be found in the CYMT Resident Handbook.
- CYMT Residents receive 10 days of paid vacation and up to 4 personal days per year. Vacation is to be taken such that it does not conflict with CYMT class work and responsibilities at church. Graduate residents should direct vacation requests in writing to their onsite supervisor, CYMT coach, and Regional Director as far in advance as possible. Only two (2) Sundays per year may be taken as vacation. Full vacation and personal leave policies can be found in the CYMT Resident Handbook.
Partner Ministry Financial Commitment
- $81,000 total cost
$2,250 initial payment due April 15
$2,250 due at the beginning of each month for 35 months (Begins July)
- 35-month contract
- Provide Housing and Utilities for resident
- Mileage: If a partner ministry is more than 40 miles from the residents CYMT discussion group meetings, the partner ministry will incur the following additional monthly mileage expenses: # of miles to meeting location – 40 miles x 2 (roundtrip) x $.25 x 4 trips a month
CYMT commits to provide the following to the Partner Ministry:
- An initial youth ministry survey of the congregation
- The Center for Youth Ministry Training would provide a Graduate Resident to serve as the youth director at the Partner Ministry
- Youth director will work an Avg. 25 hrs./week
- CYMT coach to work with the youth director on a weekly basis in the first two years and monthly (and as needed) in year three
- Monthly coaching for the church’s Youth Ministry Team from CYMT staff to build an infrastructure for youth ministry including:
Vision, Mission, and Goals
Long Range Calendar
Volunteer Training and Recruiting
- Opportunity to be involved in cooperative CYMT retreats and mission trips