Job Type: Full-Time Posted: 5 months ago Denomination: United Methodist
COLLIERVILLE UMC (just outside of Memphis, TN) is a 3,000+ member church with two worship styles in two locations on Sunday morning, averaging 750 in attendance. The Town of Collierville (population 50,000) is well known for it’s great school system, small town atmosphere, award winning parks and recreation facilities, first rate office and retail developments and beautiful neighborhoods.
Average Attendance: 750 No. of Active Youth: 60
The person in this position should be a committed Christian Disciple. Under direct supervision, this position provides guidance for programming and ministry activities that meet the spiritual needs and help the middle school, high school, and college students of Collierville UMC grow in their discipleship of Jesus Christ. All Student Ministry efforts will be developed and guided by our vision, “Reaching out to transform lives by extending God’s love to all,” and consistent with the core values of CUMC.
1. Provide overall direction and administration for all student ministries of CUMC.
2. Lead, equip and empower the Student Advisory Council and Adult Team of Volunteers.
3. Be responsible for the ongoing recruitment, training, empowering, and evaluating of student ministry staff and volunteers.
4. Coordinate all structured student ministry activities with high capacity volunteers, including but not limited to Sundays and Wednesdays.
5. Provide direction and coordination for all special events for students and their families, including but not limited to Confirmation, mission trips, Discovery Weekend, and missional fundraisers.
6. Teach and recruit others who can teach the Christian faith as understood through the doctrinal standards of The United Methodist Church.
7. Select and approve all curriculum used for Sunday school and other programming for these age groups.
8. Be responsible for the compliance of the ministry with regard to safe sanctuaries training and execution.
9. Serve as a staff ministry partner to assigned task teams and committees.
10. Prepare budget requests and monitors expenditures of the student ministries.
11. Monitor space, equipment, needs, and repairs in the student ministries area.
12. Other duties as needed and assigned by direct supervisor or Senior Pastor.
1. Positive Christian Role Model
2. Excellent Interpersonal Skills
3. Ethical Conduct
4. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
5. Communication Proficiency
6. Collaboration Skills
7. Conflict management
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree & 5-10 years of experience in a similar or related field.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000