Job Type: Part-Time Posted: 1 month ago Denomination: United Methodist
Real People Pursuing a Real Faith
It doesn’t take much for a church to seem like a stock photo.
The big, bright smiles and perfect people don’t seem to leave much room for life’s unexpected turns, busy schedules, and the challenges of getting your family from point A to point B.
Holy Covenant is not a stock photo of flawless families — we are a community of imperfect people that gather together to seek God, love and serve our neighbors, and grow as disciples of Jesus Christ.
We come from all walks of life: From the recently born to those who weren’t born yesterday, young families just getting started to empty-nesters, people who have been in Katy for three weeks and people who have been in Katy for three generations. We are people who grew up in church and people who came to faith later in life. We come from all different sorts of modern families, vote differently, learn differently, serve differently, and think differently.
But at the end of the day, our differences, our successes, our mistakes, and our life stories are not things to keep us apart or ignore and pretend that we are all the same. Holy Covenant is a place that we can bring our whole selves to worship, to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ, and to our ministries serving the people of Katy.
We would love for you to join us for worship on Sunday Mornings or in our ministries to the community.
All are welcome.
Not Perfect… just Real People.
Caring for the needs of others
Preparing all generations to serve
Building relationships that last
Growing in faith
Average Attendance: 500 No. of Active Youth: 35
Holy Covenant UMC is looking for a Director of Student Ministries, Part-time hours – averages 20 – 30 hours a week depending on season.
The primary role of the Student Ministries Director will be to facilitate Student Ministry educational activities, special events and create a system for sustainable youth ministry within the church community.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Assesses plans and coordinates Sunday School programming for 6th – 12th grade students.
• Coordinates the Student Ministry activities on Sunday (MYF program) and Wednesday evenings.
• Plans, develops, implements and participates in youth trips and retreats which include all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of community building, worship, discipleship, mission and outreach.
• Plans and oversees the Confirmation process (6th Grade and above).
• Oversees and coordinates summer Student Ministries programs.
• Coordinates all Student Ministries Partners in Ministry.
• Administers Student Ministries budget and processes all expenses with Business Administrator.
• Some college experience preferred
• A strong desire to work with and help Student grown in their ministries to God
• Maintain/obtain appropriate certifications in relation to Student Ministry education.
• Safe Sanctuary and CPR Certified is required.
• Must be able to be able to use basic computer programs to create schedules and communication materials. The director should be adept at social media.
If you have any questions about this role or are interested in applying for this role, please submit your questions or resume to email@example.com.