Job Type: Full-Time Posted: 7 days ago Denomination: United Methodist
Eastlawn UMC is a healthy, loving congregation of believers who look forward to welcoming and supporting a new director of youth and children. We are excited about the growth we are experiencing due to our active group of young families. Our church seeks to make disciples of all our age groups through worship, teaching, and outreach into the community and the world. For our youth and children, we provide Sunday school and Wednesday night activities, as well as Sunday evening activities for youth grades 7-12. Our parents are looking forward to volunteering and supporting our youth & children’s ministry leader in any way they can.
Pascagoula, MS, has many opportunities for outreach and growth. With a great public school district and fresh seafood around every corner, it is a wonderful place to live. Mobile, AL is 30 minutes to the east, and Biloxi/Gulfport, MS is 30 minutes to the west, which puts Pascagoula in a perfect location in our opinion.
If you’re interested in being a part of God’s ministry here at Eastlawn UMC, please send contact info, a brief bio and statement of faith, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Call Jeff Walton, pastor, for additional information. 228-762-2364
Average Attendance: 125 No. of Active Youth: 20
Eastlawn United Methodist Church in the beautiful coastal town of Pascagoula, MS, is currently accepting applications for the following full-time position:
Director of Youth and Children’s Ministry:
Eastlawn is a vibrant, loving church with a great group of children and youth who are in need of an energetic leader. We are currently serving anywhere from 15-25 youth, grades 7-12, and 20-30 children, grades K4-6. Our new staff person would have the primary responsibility of ministering to our youth, but would also be in charge of overseeing all children’s ministries and activities as well, by recruiting and delegating our many willing volunteers.
This is a full-time position with an expectation of approximately 30 hours per week. Salary is dependent upon education, experience, and other qualifications. All interested applicants, please send a brief bio/statement of faith, resume, and contact information to:
For further information, please contact Jeff Walton, pastor: 228-762-2364
Full job description:
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Oversee Children/Youth ministry and fellowship opportunities (including but not limited to):
– Sunday AM/PM
– Wednesday PM
· Provide spiritual guidance/teaching to Children/Youth from K4 through high school graduation
-Provide teaching consistent with the United Methodist Church / Wesleyan beliefs
· Perform or delegate and supervise all church related Children/Youth activities
· Encourage Children/Youth participation in all regular worship services
· Communicate directly with all parent’s and/or caregivers of Children/Youth
· Plan at least (1) annual trip with the Children / Youth that will focus on their spiritual growth
· Initiate fundraisers for Children/Youth’s programs, trips and events as needed
· Coordinate planning and implementation of Children’s Church
· Responsible for Children/Youth Sunday school and Bible study curriculum
· Recruit children’s Sunday school teachers
· Work with Pastor to set up Confirmation Class
· Learn and implement Safe Sanctuary policies for all Children/Youth activities
· Participate in Local, District, and/or Conference events
· Prepare, supervise and be accountable for the Children/Youth Budget
· Recognized Christian character manifested through an observable desire to serve Christ and to promote His kingdom through Children/Youth
· Strong and growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ and to Eastlawn United Methodist church.
· A heart, passion and love for Children/Youth.
· Proficient in the use of social media
· Ability to motivate and lead children in church related worship activities
· Ability to recruit and motivate volunteers to assist and broaden Children/Youth worship.
· Ability to relate to people, to work with volunteers and staff
· A minimum of Associate Degree in Youth Education preferred (not required)
· Previous experience with directing Children/Youth preferred
Salary Range: $25,000 - $30,000