Youth Discipleship Director (Part-Time) – Headland, AL
Job Type: Part-Time
Denomination: Global Methodist Church
Headland Global Methodist is a traditional orthodox Christian church that is living out the extravagant love of Christ by being a beacon of hope to all the world. We are a growing church in a growing community that is engaging in the mission of being disciples, making disciples, and serving with love. Our church has been in the community of Headland since the late 1800’s and will celebrate 140 years of ministry this year. Our church sits on 6 acres of land in the heart of the city and we have a vision of reaching our city for Jesus Christ that is bold. We currently average 100-125 in morning worship and our goal over the next 4 years is to reach 140 new disciples of Jesus Christ. We believe that this new position for Youth Discipleship Director is of the utmost importance as we want all generations to know God, discover freedom, and live as Ambassadors of Christ.
You will be a key player in the spiritual growth and maturity of the children, teenagers, and young adult Ministries at Headland Methodist Church with the implementation of an annual effective youth programming to stimulate, inspire, draw the community youth, and grow the numbers to approximately 10-30 students in the first year.
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipline, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities;
- Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteer youth with diverse gifts and personalities;
- Support HMC parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff;
- Seek to integrate youth ministry in all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries;
- Give oversight and appropriate organizational help to all youth-focused programs
- Manage and build up all aspects of the Youth Outreach and partner with other area churches.
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy bi-weekly services for youth.
- Help to build a successful pipeline between children’s ministry, youth ministry and young adult ministry;
- Maintain a well-planned, carefully balanced program throughout the year coordinated with the church calendar of events;
- Manage other administrative duties and community interfacing
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and can work well with others.
- One who possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field or 2-3 years of ministry experience.
- One who is gifted and is called to youth ministry loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level;
- An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background;
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing strong work ethics with an attitude of excellence and personal responsibility/ownership;
- Must have a solid grasp of written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills;
- Must be a people person
- Must have strong, proven, administrative and program development skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers as well as relational skills with students, parents, and staff;
- Training in leading Bible Studies
- Background in Youth Ministry
- Computer operational skills- Proficiency working with computer programs/applications such as Windows, MS Word, Excel, PPT, Access, Microsoft 360 etc.
- Social Media
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Website Knowledge or ability to learn