Director of Student Ministries (Full Time) – Savannah, GA
Wesley Monumental UMC, Savannah, GA
Job Type: Full-Time
Denomination: United Methodist
Wesley Monumental UMC is a thriving downtown, historic, multi-generational church in beautiful Savannah, Georgia. We have a thriving traditional music and children’s program with 160 children in our children’s choirs, and as a result, lots of young families. We have a very active mission presence in the community and beyond. Wesley is a theologically diverse church that welcomes all and believes we don’t have to all agree with each other to love each other and be the church together. Our youth ministry is active in mission, fun trips, weekly Bible study, Sunday School, and Sunday evening youth group. We have a forty acre retreat center on the river 20 minutes from our downtown campus that is a host for spiritual formation events and lots of youth activity.
Wesley Monumental UMC is a thriving, historic 1200-member United Methodist Church in beautiful downtown Savannah, GA. We are seeking a Director of Student Ministries to lead our ministry to Middle School (6-8 grade) and High School (9-12 grade) students. Our church is committed to discipleship as a lifelong process of building a relationship with Christ through Spiritual Formation, missional investment, and welcoming community. We are growing! Many young families enjoy WMUMC as a place where their children and youth become grounded in the virtues of faith, hope, and love. All of our ordained and program staff members work together as a team and have been here for nine years or more.
About This Position
This is a full-time position. Salary is competitive and based on experience and education.
Generous benefits are also provided. We invest in our staff members and support their growth
through personal and vocational enrichment and educational opportunities.
We expect our Director of Student Ministries to build Christ-centered relationships with our
students and their families. Candidates must be willing to invest their lives and faith in
students through Bible Study and worship experiences, fun and meaningful trips, and
impactful national and local mission projects.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and to the church
- Personal theology in line with the beliefs of Wesleyan theology and the practices of the United Methodist Church
- Sense of calling to ministry and specifically to ministry to Middle and High School students
- Leadership and administrative skills sufficient to organize events such as ski trip, mission trips, local mission projects, and fundraisers
- Bachelor’s degree required; additional education, especially theological education in the Methodist/Wesleyan tradition is preferred
- 2-5 years experience in student ministry is preferred
- Direct and facilitate all church programming for students in grades 6-12 for the purpose
of making and growing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Oversee weekly youth events such as Sunday school, Wednesday Night Bible Studies, and
Sunday evening youth group
- Recruit and equip adult volunteers (such as Sunday School teachers, Bible Study leaders,
trip chaperones, and other volunteers) and develop student leaders
- Plan and execute annual events such as ski retreat, mission trips, St. Patrick’s Day pancake
breakfast, and other retreats and excursions
- Provide compassionate pastoral care to students and their families
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment for all students
To apply for the position of Director of Student Ministries at Wesley Monumental United
Methodist Church, please send a resume and cover letter to Senior Pastor Rev. Ben Martin
Wesley Monumental United Methodist Church
429 Abercorn St. | Savannah, GA 31401
912-232-0191 | Instagram: @wesleymonumental